Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 32



Week 32!


How Far Along: 32 weeks (51 days to go!!)






By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.










Here’s the basics on Duff and some exciting highlights from the past week!


How Far Along: 32 Weeks


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +23 pounds… for some reason they just won’t let me step on the scale backwards at the clinic


Maternity Clothes: 100% Maternity !


Movement: Tons! We have a live one in there.. I think he’s going to be a kickboxer or something!! Still loves his sweets (especially hot fudge), his root beer, and loud music.


Gender: Still a Sweet Little Boy ♥ It’s been confirmed ! Though the clinic wouldn’t print a picture of his Who-Who-Dilly for us, we did get to see it :o)


Belly Button: still in… maybe it won’t pop after all??


Stretch Marks: Still none.. still faithfully alternating my two belly butters and crossing my fingers that they continue to work.


What I miss: Walking like a normal person. There is a billboard up by my house that I swear is for me… Ok it’s for the Minnesota Zoo.. but you could easily put my picture up there with those little penguins!






Again I have to add feeling “normal” to the what I miss section .. as my life is a roller coaster ride these days. From one day to the next, you never know which version of Kim you're gonna get. Heck, I don't even know. I have been incredibly emotional this week and have spent about 1/3 of each day crying, sad or freaking out about something (the house not selling, where is Duff going to sleep, Should we just do a nursery here and give up moving, will I be able to handle labor and it goes on and on). It is to the point where I am annoying myself. I can only imagine what poor Jeff has to see when he looks at me… ugh!


Sleeping still sucks.. and I am so thankful that I am not working right now as I would be a zombie for sure!


New symptom this past week has been.. NAUSEA! Yap the nausea fairy has returned.. though they sent in the second string this time because so far it’s not nearly as bad as it was during the first trimester.. just annoying.


I also continue to look like I ate something I’m allergic to.. and the swelling has now spread to my fingers causing me to have to take off my wedding ring :o( Not liking that all!! I think Jeff and I will have to go buy a band of some kind this weekend because I really get annoyed by the funny looks I get from people who look from my belly to my fingers and kind of shake their head… (mostly old women, but still annoying). I need a shirt that says.. “No I’m not single and knocked up, I’m just pregnant and too swollen for my rings .. don’t push it” hmmmph!


Highlights of the week:


First of all: As I said above, we had another ultrasound this past week to check the movement of the placenta to see whether or not Duff was coming down the chute or if he was entering the world through C-section. It was an interesting appt (unfortunately it was an internal ultrasound.. I sooo thought we were done with those) as Duff’s head is down and apparently was in the way of seeing the placenta, so the tech begins to try and push on my pelvis to get his head to move up and to get some fluid between the placenta and his head… sorry, no go! After about 5 minutes of her using my pelvis and his head as a gel stress ball, she says “hmmm guess he’s not going to cooperate” and hits a button on the bed, and as I grab for the edges so as to not slide off as it rotates almost upside down, she says “we’ll see how he likes gravity then”… wow.. a little warning would have been nice lady.. sheesh. Turns out even he can’t fight gravity and the tech gets her pictures….my placenta has moved and Duff has been cleared for a normal entry. Woo Hoo! Though as my sister-in-law said, C-section babies are pretty cute.. no squished heads. Lol We’ll take him s quished head and all !!


I could see his little head bob as she squeezed and pushed.. not cool!




My Shower: Last weekend my aunt Kathy threw me the most amazing baby shower! It was a perfect day out, and Duff received so many wonderful gifts and so much love. A big thank you to my aunt Kathy for hosting an amazing party for me ! Here are a couple of pictures from the day… It was a fabulous day with the people I love! Thank you to everyone for coming !

adorable diaper cake Kathy made ! The bear is wearing the necklace from the gender cake party :o)

My new favorite sweet.. cake balls.. YUM

My mom and I .. notice the pregnant face.. ugh

Julie and I going through all the presents after the shower...WOW!


Jeff with Duff's little socks from Julie that look like golf shoes.. so cute!







What I am looking forward to: Our baby classes this weekend! I admit I know NOTHING and I am truly scared out of my mind to go to these classes this weekend. We’ve opted for two full days instead of 6 weeknight classes.. and I’m worried that my pregnant brain will not absorb enough information. Can you fail baby classes? I swear this week I feel like if that’s a possibility it will happen.

Hoping Duff comes with one of these?!? ha ha






Finally Here are a couple of 32 week belly pics…I can't believe it's going to get BIGGER still ?!?





























2 comments:

  1. Looks like your shower was alot of fun! I got a diaper cake too, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, our posts are so similar! You look great Kim! I'm glad your appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete